Signal 88 Security of Tampa
JOB TITLE: Community-Based Security Officer HOURS: Varies
REPORTS TO: Field Manager LOCATION: Tampa
The Community-Based Security Officer (CBS Officer) is an entry level, probationary position that performs security enforcement functions in a fixed location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thoroughly monitor and patrol the parking areas and rear of the assigned property to deter crime and enforce property policies.
- Conduct foot patrols through courtyards, management offices, pools, corridors and parking areas where assigned and as needed. *Refer to site specifics for frequency requirements.
- Complete and document lighting, trash and security assessments once each shift.
- Complete detailed electronic reports of all activities and observations during dedicated shift with emphasis on names, times, unusual occurrences, etc.
- Notify property management, law enforcement and/or S88 of Tampa supervisory staff when necessary to properly and safely perform duties.
- Be on the lookout for suspicious activity and/or persons; documenting your encounters and notifying proper authorities as necessary to enforce no-loitering policies, trespass orders and protecting property and persons.
- Conduct parking enforcement checks; documenting illegally parked, non-registered, abandoned and vandalized vehicles.
- Conduct locks and unlocks pursuant to property policies. *Refer to site specifics for details concerning times and locations if applicable.
- Provide direction and assistance to tenants and authorized visitors regarding security related functions and reasonable customer service requests.
- Conduct all service in a manner that promotes service, integrity, respect and fairness.
- Employee must follow standards for universal precautions in order to assure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
-High School Diploma or GED
-Florida Class D Security Officer License
PREVIOUS JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Prior private security, military service, or law enforcement experience is preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Working conditions will vary, but may include routine discomforts such as heat, moisture/wetness, loud noise and air pollution. Work is performed in different environments including performing security enforcement functions on foot and/or in a vehicle; with potential exposure to hazardous chemicals, communicable disease, hostile individuals and physical trauma.
May require extensive near-continuous physical exertion such as:
repeated lifting of heavy objects (more than 50 pounds),
deep bending, climbing steps, and/or assuming awkward positions.