Duke Energy is currently hiring entry level and experienced Nuclear Operator Technicians at various locations.
Please visit our careers site for more information and to apply. www.Duke-Energy.com/Careers
Selected candidates must successfully complete employer provided training on plant systems and fundamentals of reactor operation, heat transfer, fluid flow, and thermodynamics. Auxiliary Operators stand watch on rotating 12-hour shifts and operate the nuclear power plant's mechanical and electrical systems. Shift work, overtime, continuous training with periodic examinations, respirator qualification, and qualification as a member of the plant Fire Brigade are all requirements of this position. Physical effort consistent with power plant operations/maintenance such as standing; lifting; frequent walking; stooping; climbing ladders; climbing into boilers, and other confined or tight areas is required.
- Consistent with an operating power plant environment -- exposure to weather conditions, high/low temperature extremes, pressurized equipment/components, high voltage electrical systems, and rotating machinery.
- Catawba Nuclear Station – York, SC – Requisition #131333
- Nuclear Operations Specialists – York, SC – Requisition #131336
- Harris Nuclear Plant – New Hill, NC – Requisition #131342
- McGuire Nuclear Station – Huntersville, NC – Requisition #131319
- Oconee Nuclear Station – Seneca, SC – Requisition #131318
- Robinson Nuclear Plant – Hartsville, SC – Requisition #131317
Duke Energy requests that no third party candidates be submitted. Direct applicants only.
- High School diploma or equivalent (e.g. GED)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related science
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline
- A high degree of manual dexterity and mature judgment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- One to three years of experience in industrial maintenance, boiler operations, or power generation
- Previous experience in nuclear plant operations (eg, Nuclear Navy, or commercial nuclear power)
- Four years of Navy Nuclear experience
- Demonstrated excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive results
- Experience adapting to changing work assignments and/or schedule
- Successful completion of pre-employment aptitude testing is required
- Must be able to obtain nuclear access
Please apply directly through our careers site at www.Duke-Energy.com/Careers