Bernalillo County is the local government entity corresponding to the most populous county in New Mexico.
· Identifies risks and exposures due to injury, liabilities and physical losses.· Procures and maintains insurance coverage for over half a billion dollars worth of taxpayer assets.· Provides claim management services to control the cost of claims and insurance premiums that affect the financial
liabilities of Bernalillo County.
· Reviews contracts and proposals for adequate insurance requirements.
· Reviews Board of County Commissioners agenda items for liability issues.
· Implements loss control and prevention programs for County employees.
· Evaluates County department buildings and programs for loss control concerns
· Hazard Standard Communication· Blood-borne Pathogens· Forklift Operations· Lock-Out/Tag-Out· Respiratory Protection· Other general topics such as office safety, injury prevention, safety responsibility and more.
· Is a member of the New Mexico Association of Counties self insurance pool for Workers’ Compensation, Multi-Line Coverage,and Law Enforcement Liability.· Maintains financial equity in the three insurance pools; with low claim costs Bernalillo County receives a return of equity inthe form of cash to the general fund, or as a discount on premium costs for the forthcoming year.· Holds voting memberships on the NMAC insurance pool boards.