PRIMARY PURPOSE: To ensure that all work ordered is completed on time and according to quality standards and that spending on supplies used to complete maintenance remains within budgetary constraints.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Troubleshoot maintenance problems that arise and estimate the best course of action to remedy the problem.
- Inspect riser room equipment, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, elevators, etc. as directed.
- Perform regular roof inspection, clearing debris from roof, around drains, overflows & scupper.
- Maintain weekly Housekeeping supply inventories.
- Keep Maintenance and Security vehicle maintenance/mileage logs.
- Assist in overseeing construction workers and vendors working at center.
- Make inspection of center lights, wall signs, security lights, restrooms, hallways, common areas to ensure that all lights are operational. Perform exterior lighting audits, summarize findings and coordinate repairs at direction of OD.
- Administer trash compactor policy, maintain records accordingly.
- Maintain a work/job schedule for maintenance staff.
- Supervise Maintenance Workers and issue job assignments. Inspects work performed by Maintenance Staff and reinforces standards set by mall management team.
- Coordinate and execute work orders for Marketing and Temporary Leasing.
- Keep an up-to-date tools and equipment inventory.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in good working order.
- Perform and log equipment Preventative Maintenance. Assists in creating Preventative Maintenance schedules for HVAC, Plumbing, etc. and coordinates services.
- Repair projects as needed in center. May include doors, windows, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting, tile replacement and parking lot.
- Assists with maintaining morale. Develop staff members by enhancing their roles and broadening their experiences.
- Give recognition for good performance and effectively counsel poor performance.
- Perform daily inspection of grounds & garages, make recommendations for immediate action and coordinate to resolve. Inspect exterior landscaping weekly.
- Coordinate access for capital spend contractors.
- Communicates operational requirements necessary to support projects and clearly articulates operational needs & tenant impact to mall management team on a timely basis.
- In coordination with Mall Management, administers Safety Program.
- Perform duties as directed by Mall Management.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Technical School certifications and/or training preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a basic knowledge of plumbing, heating, refrigeration, cooling, air conditioning, electrical work and carpentry in order to direct the work of others.
- Must have basic knowledge of fire protection hydraulic system and fire protection alarm systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and comprehend instructions. Ability to effectively present information to departmental management, employees, tenants, and outside contacts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to define problems, collection information and establish facts.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Low voltage