POWER UP YOUR CAREER with Safelite Group
Safelite® Group is a nationwide family of retail auto glass companies - the nation's leading provider of auto glass repair and replacement services. We are rapidly growing, evolving and striving to become the Natural Choice for vehicle glass repair and replacement services in the United States.
We drive business performance with an obsessive focus on having talented people who are inspired to deliver great results. Simply put, we believe our people power the performance of our business.
Right now, we’re looking for a Technician Trainee to join our team to be responsible for precision installation of auto glass and for providing World Class customer service to Safelite customers.
Who we’re looking for:
- Brand advocates who go above and beyond to create customer delight
- Honest, hard-working people who lack ego but are drenched in integrity
- People who consistently drive for extraordinary results
- Individuals who like to learn, seek challenges and go out of their way to help others be successful
- Team members who will learn our way of working and come up with innovative ways to make us even better
- Those who want a career, not just a job, and who understand the important role they play in the overall success of our business
What you can expect:
At Safelite®, we are creating a culture that delivers our People Pledge:
- You'll experience great leadership.
- We’ll focus on you first.
- You’ll work with talented people who inspire you to be at your best.
- You’ll become part of a caring culture with opportunities for you to growth both personally and professionally.
The Technician Trainee works with a qualified Technician or other trainer to learn to perform the following duties:
- Installs auto glass and other Safelite Group products in store or on a mobile basis.
- Follows approved methods using the proper tools and techniques to ensure efficient, timely, and quality installation service for Safelite Group customers.
- Ensures that all equipment, materials, and areas of operation conform to health and safety regulations and requirements. Maintains clean working area.
- Maintains working knowledge of MRM. Utilizes MRM system to track installations and to communicate with dispatch, management, customers, or other work related individuals.
- Remains available for contact during working hours.
- Utilizes MRM functions to accurately quote prices for customers and invoicing.
- Maintains accurate and complete work records.
- Ensures required paperwork is completed and turned in to the appropriate person or location.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record in accordance with company policy.
- May perform auto glass repairs.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Auto after market industry experience helpful
- Knowledge of the Auto glass installation techniques and exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of safe driving practices-must have valid drivers license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to lift and carry large, heavy (up to 75 lbs.) objects
- Ability to operate various hand and power tools and equipment and safely operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to operate a personal computer and job related software at a basic level
- Ability to operate handheld Blackberry or similar device
- Ability to Work in a fast-paced environment
- Skill in providing World Class customer service
- Skill in Verbal communications and effective listening
- Skill in planning and organizing work